Monday, February 13, 2006

Talk to me...

Most people learn to communicate from their parents. I had a good childhood, not great, but not bad. But, I don't remember communicating with my parents all that much. I mean, I have good relationships with my parents, but those have developed more recently than anything. Most of my communication skills were learned through a past relationship. Which, for your info, is not a good thing. I was impressionable when I started a major relationship that lasted almost ten years. And, I was taught to ignore. Ignore what makes you uncomfortable or what you don't want others to know. Now, I'm not retarded, I know that it's wrong. I blame only myself for acting like an idiot in past relationships and not communicating well.

Now, at 30, I look at myself differently. Like a new person that I can mold into what I want to be. But I'm 30! Ugh! How'd that happen? Nonetheless, communicating and be honest are what I'm striving for right now. I want to be happy with my life and myself.

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home