Saturday, February 18, 2006

Closure...

Last night, at the play, I gave a performance of a lifetime. It was my best to date. I was so emotional during the show that I actually had to cut myself off from crying so hard because it wouldn't have been believable for the audience. It was weird, I couldn't quite figure out why I was so emotional.

After the show, we thank our audience as they leave. I get comments all over the board. From "Nice ass" to "you changed my life". Last night, I started to shake someone's hand and they pulled away. I looked up and didn't recognize the person, I was sort of in shock. Why would this person pull away from me? Was it TJ? Did I affect him that much? I looked to my right and there stood Frank (the ex-husband). It was obvious, this was his new boyfriend. After about a minute of appropriate dialogue. Frank turned and walked away. I asked him to stick around until I was done so that I could say hi and meet his new beau. However, when I was finished. He was gone.

It was a lot like our relationship. I never expected him to stay even though I asked. What he doesn't know, is that he was really the one who inspired me to act. I will say he did support me in that facet of my life.

Anyway, I felt a sense of closure last night. Seeing him face to face with his new boyfriend helped close that chapter of my life. And the great thing is, I don't feel bitter...at all.

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home