Friday, March 03, 2006

The trickle effect...

News is starting to trickle down about my recent decision to move. I've had every response from "have fun waiting tables", to "see you back here in a year", to "that's awesome, you'll love it". Fuckers. :)

Anyway, the most unexpected response was from the ex. He really didn't say I should or shouldn't. It was just a very thoughtful and sincere letter. It's crazy, he even said in the email, he was always afraid my interest in "the industry" was something that would tear us apart. Interestingly enough, it never would have. I had several opportunities to move out there with him for other jobs and I had always chosen him over L.A.

Last night, when I got home from Indy-Prov's first show at Locals Only, I watched the Project Runway I TIVO'd from Wednesday. I realized some things. One, Santino will win and two, there are so many other things I want to try in my life. I want to learn to sew. I want to try a completely different career path. I want to be a chef. I want to manage my checkbook better. I'm not getting any younger, I need to get out and do this shit now.

So, I got a part-time job as a cigarette bitch to save money for the move. You know, those girls out at bars that scan you ID, give you free cigarettes and then you get like 8000 postcards from Camel every second for the rest of your life? Yeah, one of those bitches. So that's that. And, Hopefully I'll be getting another part-time gig bartending. Hopefully with my top off.

Oh and I almost forgot. The Real World Key West premiere. Now, there are only a few reasons I watched it. One, I'm starting a segment on the Pop Culture Countdown about reality television. Two, Key West is my second favorite city. And three, I had already watched the paint dry on my wall. Okay, these bastard are nuts. Completely nuts. They're all like retarded versions of former castmates. Well, most of them anyway. I mean, I'm no dummy either. Editing can be quite a slap in the face. What you see isn't always what's really going on. But, these kids need pills.

Okay enough of my drabble. Off to show one of three tonight. I counted a lot in this entry. Sorry!

xoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing the move too! I was actually suppose to head out west October of '05 but my finances weren't in order. I was never the type to just 'get up and leave' and admire those who do. I however must have a plan b, c, and d. If you don't try and make it out to LA, you'll regret it later!!!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home